I’m interested in trying anal sex, and my partner suggested using butt plugs first, so I’m curious about how it will feel. How does a butt plug feel?
Anal sex can be very pleasurable if done correctly. When we say correctly, we mean doing proper preparation, plenty of lube, good hygiene, relaxation, and going slowly.
When it comes to how a butt plug feels, it is generally described as a feeling of fullness and a more profound sensation due to a more thorough stimulation. Some people have said that using a butt plug may initially feel strange. Still, after a few minutes, once the body accommodates the intrusion of the butt plug, the sensation turns pleasurable, and the overall experience gets enhanced in every way.
If you are a complete novice at anal play, then it is best to prepare mentally and relax and have enough foreplay before trying any booty fun. The sphincter area is full of nerve endings stimulated with anal play, which heightens sensation and contributes to stronger orgasms.
When it comes to men using prostate massagers, the butt plug teases and stimulates their prostate, leading to harder erections and prolonging orgasms.
In females, the butt plug expands the anus, preparing it to fit a bigger toy like a dildo or a penis, and it also enhances vaginal intercourse. By having a butt plug inserted in the anus, the body gets in a state of constant stimulation, which also makes pleasuring more effective.
There are some precautions you need to take before starting anal play and using a butt plug:
- Relax and breathe deeply – the first step is to relax and breathe deeply and have some foreplay. Once relaxed and in the mood, your rectal muscles relax and make insertion easier.
- Use a clean butt plug – always make sure you wash the butt plug thoroughly before and after you play. Taking care of your health is essential, and you should never take any risks by playing with unclean toys.
- Use plenty of lube – the anus is not a self-lubricating area, so using a good amount of lube is essential for comfortable and safe play. Avoid using numbing lubes, as they can mask any possible hurt. Always lube up the butt plug and the anus.
- Start with a beginner-friendly butt plug – we suggest you start with a beginner-friendly butt plug if you are a novice at anal play. Some excellent anal training kits have differently-sized butt plugs you can use to get introduced to the wonders of anal play.
- Go slow and listen to your body – always go slow and listen to your body’s response. To insert the butt plug, press the tip of the butt plug against the anus and slowly increase the pressure; it should not be painful, but you will feel pressure. Once the butt plug is fully inside, leave it there as you continue sexual play.
We recommend checking our post on how to use butt plugs or taking a closer look at our anal toy sizing guide, where you’ll learn how to measure the anus and use anal toys and butt plugs to get the best possible experience.
Browse More Content
What others are asking
How much is a butt plug?
Butt plugs are an essential tool for anal play. When it comes to the cost of a butt plug, there are many factors at play: material, size, finish, features, and more.
There are three main types of materials used for butt plugs:....
How long can you wear a butt plug?
Butt plugs are an exciting sex toy that many people use, as the butthole is full of sensitive nerve endings that can be pleasurable to stimulate. If you are a complete novice to anal play and using butt plugs, you should start things slowly...
How to insert a butt plug?
Trying anal play can be quite pleasurable, as that area is full of nerve endings and, if stimulated correctly, could bring you immense pleasure. Still, to genuinely enjoy this experience, you need to know how to insert a butt plug correctly without risking hurting yourself. ...p