The first thing to know about rectal douches is that they are not a new phenomenon. They have been used as part of the medical process for decades. Anal douches refer to any substance inserted into the rectum to clean out the area.
A rectal douche is a great tool to have in your sex toy box if you are looking to explore anal play. It’s an economical way to anal douching, and most importantly, it can open the door for more intense pleasure. In addition, you can do it at home, and you don’t need any equipment or chemicals. It would be best if you had water and some time. And it’s safe if you’re healthy and have no underlying health problems.
In this guide, we will cover what anal douching is, why do it, the process of doing it, and share some of our top tips on anal douching.
What is an anal douche?
An anal douche is a type of enema. It is a way to clean out the colon, rectum, and anus. This is done by introducing a liquid into the body through the anus, usually with a tube or wand. The liquid may contain chemicals or other substances to help kill germs in the colon or rectum.
The idea behind using a rectal douche is that it allows you to empty your bowels without having to worry about the mess. This can be especially helpful if you have constipation or are not very good at emptying your bowels naturally.
Why would you use an anal douche?
Most people who use a rectal douche look for a more enjoyable experience during anal play. A rectal douche is also an excellent choice for those who want to relax and let go while they enjoy their partner’s anus. However, there are many other reasons why people choose to douche, ranging from basic hygiene to treating medical conditions. Here are just a few of them:
1. To keep the area clean
The rectal douche is a straightforward, effective, and safe way to clean your colon. It’s also one of the simplest ways to keep your butt clean and healthy, ensuring you are ready to indulge in anal sex whenever you and your partner want.
2. Treating hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the anus area. These veins often become inflamed and painful. Left untreated, they can cause bleeding, itching, pain, and discomfort, making anal sex painful and almost impossible. If you notice these symptoms, you should perform anal douche immediately. It helps treat these symptoms by flushing out blood clots and bacteria from the affected area.
3. Preventing infections
Another benefit of using an anal douche is that it prevents infections. If you are prone to urinary tract infections (UTIs), you should use an anal douche before bed at night. This way, you can prevent UTIs from occurring and ensure you have a pleasant butt experience.
4. Getting rid of parasites
Parasites are tiny organisms that live inside the human body. Most commonly, they reside in the intestines but can also live in the mouth, nose, ears, eyes, and genitals. Parasites can make us sick and even kill us if we don’t get rid of them. Parasites can be transmitted sexually, orally, or through contact with infected animals. Anal douching removes parasites by washing away their eggs and larvae, making anal sex more comfortable and healthier.
5. Improving your sex life
Some people find that sex becomes less enjoyable as the years go by. One way to improve your sex life is to perform anal douching before intercourse. Cleaning out the rectum will eliminate any bacteria and debris that could irritate the anus and prevent you from reaching orgasm.
6. To reduce odor
Anal douches are popular because they help keep the area clean and free from odor. The skin of the anus and rectum can get damaged and absorb odors when exposed to fecal matter, so using a rectal douche will help prevent this from happening. This will make anal sex more pleasant for both sides - the giver and the receiver.
7. To relieve constipation
A rectal douche will remove any buildup of bacteria and other unwanted substances that may have accumulated in the rectum. The water used in the douche also helps with this process as it helps to loosen up whatever has accumulated inside so that it can be easily removed.
8. To treat diarrhea
When you have diarrhea, you often feel bloated and uncomfortable. Doing anal douche helps remove fecal matter, bacteria, and toxins from the colon that could cause discomfort. This will ensure you can have anal sex without worrying about unwanted accidents.
What can you use
Anal douching has been around for quite some time now. Doctors and nurse practitioners first used it in the early 1900s to help treat digestive disorders such as diarrhea and constipation.
Today, many different types of anal douches are available on the market. There are many different douche options available, ranging from simple home kits to more specialized sprays and liquids. Some of the products are made specifically for rectal use, while others can be used both inside and outside the body. It is up to each individual to decide which method to use. Here are the most popular methods of anal douching:
Doing a bulb anal douche of the most popular and reasonably priced anal douching kits, it typically consists of two parts: a silicone or rubber bulb and a nozzle that you insert into the bulb. To use it, place the nozzle into your butt after adding warm water to the bulb. To release the water, squeeze the bulb. You typically get a superficial to cleanse from this.
This method involves using a bag like a hot water bottle that you can hang from a hook. It has a long tube coming out of it whose end you can insert it into your butt. You can also fill this with a natural solution, such as olive oil or aloe vera gel. Additionally, an adapter for controlling the flow is typically included. Its design makes it portable and straightforward, but it may require frequent cleaning and replacing.
CleanStream Water Bottle Anal Cleansing Kit
You can use these over-the-counter laxative remedies to get temporary relief, especially if you have constipation. If you opt for this method, make sure you follow the directions on the package to complete it safely. Results should be visible in two to five minutes, so you can quickly experience release. The use of fleet enemas should not go beyond a week without a doctor’s approval. Tell your doctor if you experience any adverse side effects, such as bleeding, pain, blistering, a burning sensation, or other forms of irritation.
CleanStream Pump Action Enema Bottle with Nozzle
Some may also opt to use their shower to do an anal douche. This involves using the hose of your shower to spray water into the anus. There are some kits with a nozzle you can attach to the shower hose to make it easier to do the anal douche. When using this approach, make sure the water pressure is not too strong to avoid hurting your insides.
CleanStream Pump Action Enema Bottle with Nozzle
How to Anal Douche
A rectal douche is a cleansing process used to clean the rectum or lower colon. The process can be done with water or liquid containing enzymes that help break down waste matter. While there are several methods of anal douching, the process is relatively similar for most of them.
Drink plenty of water
The first step in using a rectal douche is discharging the waste from your colon by drinking some water. This will help loosen the stools and get them moving out of your body quickly so that they don’t stick around too long in your colon.
Make sure you’re clean before you start your routine. If you haven’t showered or used the toilet in at least two hours, it’s best to wait until then. Clean and dry your hands thoroughly with soap and water before inserting any tools into the anus. Inserting anything into the anus without washing your hands could lead to infection.
Your anus has two outer rings of muscle, and both should be relaxed. After washing your hands, insert a finger into your anus and play with it to relax the outer and inner rings of muscle. You should feel pressure around your anus before using a lubricated object to penetrate your anus.
Make sure to have enough lube by your side when anal douching. It will help with easier insertion and better sensation during douching — especially if you have sensitive skin or tendons around the anus area; this helps make things more comfortable by relaxing those tissues so they don’t tighten up as you insert the nozzle.
Insert the nozzle of the douche into your anus, ensuring it’s not touching any other body parts (legs, feet, etc.). Hold the nozzle for about 30 seconds, allowing the solution inside to reach your rectum. Once the liquid has reached your rectum, slowly squeeze out as much solution as possible from the nozzle before releasing pressure.
Clean up again
It’s essential to clean the douche immediately after finishing. Use mild soap and water to sanitize the nozzle and bulb, and leave them to air dry completely. Store the unit in a safe, relaxed, and dry area, away from bacteria and particles that may damage it. And, of course, make sure to wash your hands after using it as well.
Things to keep in mind
An anal douche is the most straightforward and effective way to clean your colon at home. We covered the reasons to do it and the process of anal douching, so here are some things to keep in mind when doing rectal douching:
- Prepare the area before using a douche. This means cleaning your anus and surrounding areas with warm water and gentle or antiseptic soap. Ensure the area is free of hair, dirt, and other debris. While this may sound obvious, many people make the mistake of not cleaning before playing with it, which can lead to infections or even bleeding.
- Mind the temperature. The liquid used should be warm and not too hot to avoid irritation. A temperature of 105° F (40° C) is ideal.
- Don’t use too much water when douching your anus. The first time you do a rectal douche, don’t try to use too much water at once – just enough so that it runs clear through into the toilet bowl (without any leftovers). You don’t want to create a pool of water inside your rectum that could cause discomfort or pain if it leaks out during sex or masturbation.
- Make sure that the douche nozzle is long enough for you to reach all areas of your anus. If it’s too short, it will be difficult for you to clean out your anal cavity because there won’t be enough room for the nozzle between your cheeks and the anus itself (there should be about a 1-inch space between them).
- It’s important not to hold your breath during this process. Holding in the air can cause discomfort or pain due to its lack of oxygen content; however, if this does happen (especially if you’re not used to doing this), exhale gently during release time so as not to cause further discomfort.
- When using a syringe-type applicator, ensure the tip has been sterilized by boiling it in water for at least 10 minutes before use. Please do not use an applicator that has been reused or shared with others, as it may harbor harmful bacteria that could lead to infection.
- It’s okay to regularly anal douche, but make sure you’re not exaggerating. While there is no correct number of times to do an anal douche, make sure not to do it more than two or three times per week.
- While many different types of douches are available, they all contain some form of soap or detergent. These products can irritate the skin and mucous membranes, so using a rectal douche is not recommended for people with sensitive skin or inflammation in their bowels.
- The length of time you perform anal douche varies depending on how often you perform it. Typically, you should perform anal douching for about 30 minutes. However, stop immediately and consult a doctor if you experience severe pain while anal douching.
- Before using this method, you should also ensure that you don’t have any cuts or abrasions on your anus, as they could cause problems.
In the end, anal douching or enemas aren’t mandatory for safe and enjoyable anal play. However, if it makes you feel more comfortable being clean down there, it’s the way to go!
If you’re unsure whether douching is right for you, talk to your doctor before starting — especially if you’re taking medications that could interact with each other or make you sicker than usual.